Tuesday 2 November 2010

Research into existing music press

I have recently been looking into different music press in the UK to help me with my magazine and the way it is designed. The different genres of music magazine I have been looking at include:

  • R&B 
  • Rock
  • Pop
  • Rap
The music magazines I have been looking at are NME, Top of the pops, Kerrang. 
http://www.kerrang.com/

I have been looking at NME mainly because I wanted to research the typical conventions of a modern music magazine that is widely purchased.

I have been looking at top of the pops magazine because I wanted to see what it took to attract a younger audience towards a magazine and what I would need to include In my magazine in order to attract a wider range of people.

I have been looking at Kerrang because I wanted to make my magazine more diverse and not just aimed at mainstreamers that are stereotypically associated with rap music.

No comments:

Post a Comment